In May, we welcomed two new employees at ASL. Gia Hindley is appointed as Receptionist and Christal Siljeur as Company Secretarial Administrator.
Gia Hindley was born in Port Elizabeth, but grew up in Somerset West. She studied BA Sports Science at the University of Stellenbosch and represented South Africa in netball. She loves nature and outdoor adventures, running, surfing, hiking and camping. She also enjoys being creative in the kitchen, having a good chuckle over a braai and spending time with family and friends.
Christal Siljeur is originally from Caledon. She studied at Boston College and has ample experience in the banking industry. She is married to Francois and they have a son named Mac. They all enjoy the outdoors and spending time with family and friends.
We trust that both newcomers will find their feet quickly within ASL and we wish them all the best for this new journey.
At ASL we believe in creating an environment that enables organic growth. In other words, we aim to create internal growth opportunities for our employees.
Jan Louis Koen completed his SAICA articles in 2016 and was thereafter appointed as Assistant Manager in the Auditing Department. From July, Jan Louis will be employed as Tax Manager. He shows an interest in this field and plans to further his studies in Tax.
Who are we wishing farewell?
Hanno Kamfer is leaving ASL at the end of May for a new work environment. He completed his three year SAIPA articles at the end of 2016 and remained in the Accounting Department for an additional five months. He has accepted an accountant position at HeroTel in Stellenbosch.
Chrystal-Anne Anthony also completed her three year SAIPA articles at the end of 2016 and was since employed as Management Accountant in ASL Advisory. She has accepted a position at The Finance Man in Durbanville.
We wish them both all the best for the future and thank them for their hard work over the last four years!
Wedding bells have been ringing for the last five months, as four of our employees have tied the knot.
- Ilze Scheepers (neé Haarhof) and Bernard got married on 11 February in Riebeeck Kasteel.
- Marice Randall (neé Basson) and Matthew tied the knot on 18 March in Robertson.
- Retha van Blommestein (neé Hamilton) and Don got married at Rusticana in Stellenbosch on 15 April 2017
- Leonard Burger and Léanne got married on 20 May at Zorgvliet in Stellenbosch.
May the years ahead be filled with love and joy!
New additions to the ASL “extended family”
- We welcomed Maria Mtshotshisa back in April after the birth of a son, Babalo.
- Alicia Viljoen returned to ASL in May after giving birth to a daughter, Lisa.
- We congratulate Geraldine Zeegers, who gave birth to Aidin on 4 May 2017. She will return to ASL in September.
- We are very excited about Jaco & Trinette van Straaten’s good news that they are expecting their first son at the end of June.
We wish them all the best as they eagerly await their bundle of joy!